Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh Snow!

Oh snow! My area is getting hit with our first "real" snow of this winter.... I always love the snow (not driving in it though). If you're a Gilmore Girls fan like I am you'll understand this "I can smell the snow!".. For real, there have been times in the past that I've literally uttered those words. There's something peaceful and serene about the snow. The way it clings to the tree branches is one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. Currently my desire to stay warm and dry is overcoming my urge to go outside and take pictures.. I will post some pictures from last year's snow, it looks almost identical to this year's.
The first real snow of the season always makes me nostalgic. In the past my mom would always call me the second the snow started because she knew I'd want to rush to a window to watch and if I was home we'd have hot chocolate and I'd look out over the back of the couch to watch the snow for hours. Then I became an adult and slowly that tradition died.
More than anything the first snow reminds me of my Granny J who passed away 11 years ago. She loved the snow as much as I do and though we weren't real close while I was growing up (living hours apart and only visiting on holidays didn't help us bond much) I still miss her so much. I always associate snow with her and find myself looking back and remembering the good times we shared and wondering what she'd think of the person I am today. Sometimes family members will tell me I remind them of her and honestly it makes me proud because what I remember about her was that she was kind, strong willed, independent, successful, and beautiful. There truly was no other woman like Rosalie Jackson...



No comments:

Post a Comment